Whenever an appliance or a gadget stops working abruptly, or software on your computer hangs the whole system, our first response to the situation is to restart. Similarly, when our air conditioning unit does not blow cool air or gets stuck due to power cuts, we should try resetting the air conditioner.
If the air conditioning system breaks down due to some major or unidentifiable causes, it is wise to call for an AC repair in Mckinney, TX. Sometimes if the problem persists for a long time and the air conditioning unit is 10-15 years old, technicians suggest an AC replacement.
Steps To Reset Your Air Conditioner With A Reset Button
If your air conditioner has a reset button, which most systems have, follow these steps:
- Find the reset button on your system. It appears to be small and red. You can take the help of the AC’s manual to locate the button.
- Next, unplug the unit from the socket for at least 15 seconds and plug it in again.
- Press the reset button for 3 seconds and then release. If the system does not start working, try repeating this step.
- If repeating the above step doesn’t work, go to your circuit breaker and flip the breaker connected to your unit. Ìt is likely that the system has kicked on by now.
Steps To Reset Your Air Conditioner Without A Reset Button
If your air conditioner does not have a reset button on it, use the following steps to reset your air conditioning unit:
- The air conditioning units that do not have a reset button have to be reset manually. The first step is to find the power shut-off located near the outdoor compressor unit of your system. Flip the power button from on to off.
- Next, you will have to find the 240-volt circuit located in the main electrical panel inside your house. Switch off this circuit.
- Unplug your unit from the power supply board as well to ensure that all the power is removed.
- For the charge to dispel out of the unit, it has to be left unplugged and switched off for a maximum of 20-30 minutes.
- After waiting for the charge to drain out, ensure that the unit is set on “cool” and then plug the unit back into the power supply. Switch on the 240-volt circuit and the power shut off, which is placed near the compressor outside.
It is essential to follow the order mentioned for switching on various circuits, as the process is working backward from how you turned it off in the beginning.All in all, resetting an air conditioning unit is not a tough task. However, all the steps should be followed meticulously.
We are one of the best HVAC companies providing AC repair in Mckinney, TX, if the problem worsens. Our team of technicians is experienced and dedicated. You can contact us for AC replacement in Mckinney, TX, as well. Call at (972) 382-3200 today!