Energy expenses bills are always a matter of concern for any homeowner. Heating the home during the winters and cooling the home during summers is something that you cannot avoid doing. Autumn and spring are the times when you don’t need these and your energy bills are lower. With the scorching summer sun over your head, it is obvious that you will need your air conditioner system running so that you can remain comfortable. But if your system is not ready for the summer, you will end up paying more bills for the same. Mentioned below are some very helpful and effective steps which will help in getting your ac ready for summer. You will also be able to understand if you need any kind of AC repair in McKinney, TX with this checkup.
- Ensure that the Condensation Lines are Clean: There are high chances that the pipe which carries condensation away from the air conditioner machine gets clogged. If this happens, the condensation will get back into the machine or in the house. The problem is quite messy and will come with a hefty repair bill. Find out the place where the draining from the pipe takes place and see if the draining is taking place properly.
- Change the AC filter: During any ac installation in McKinney, TX, the professionals recommend that ac filters should remain clean. And for that, they might need to be replaced at frequent intervals. This is the simplest maintenance you can do for your ac so that it keeps running smoothly.
- Check the Ductwork for any kind of Leakage: Leaky ducts are a common problem in air conditioners and might be a reason for increased energy bills. Sealing the leakage can help in making good savings on the bills. If you see that there are small holes, disconnected joints, or separated pieces in the ductwork, seal them with proper tape.
- Install a Programmable Thermostat: Having a programmable thermostat installed in the home can help in saving considerably on energy bills. For instance, when you are away at work, you will not need the air conditioner at home. The programmable thermostat will switch off the system and save energy. If you don’t have one, get one immediately. They are easy to install and you can handle the work on your own.
- The Fins should be Cleaned: There are fins on the outside unit and cleaning them up will help in the better running of the air conditioner. Take a soft brush like a small car cleaning brush or a toothbrush for cleaning the fins. Run the soft brush across the fins very gently so that the thin metal does not bend. In case it bends, there are tools for straightening them as well.
- Cleaning the Coils of the Outdoor Unit: In case the outdoor unit doesn’t have a cover, there are high chances that mud, dust, and debris will collect during the winter. These lead to clogging up of the unit and the machine runs sluggishly.