Cooling and heating units of the air conditioner can break down at any time. Damage in the furnace, absence of external cooling, etc. can dramatically increase your HVAC repair cost. Due to unexpected repair costs, a lot of homeowners hesitate to call the HVAC repair contractor.
This article will tell you about average repair costs for HVAC units and ways to deal with these sudden expenses.
Factors that impact HVAC Repair Costs
The cost of AC repair depends on how big the house is, along with the type and brand of cooling and heating system installed.
Average Cost of Repair For Heating and Furnaces Units
A furnace is a complicated mechanical system that has several sensitive components. If they malfunction, then it can lead to the requirement for repairs. Average house owners pay around $300 to obtain any furnace repair.
- Repair blower motor: $140
- Thermostat replacement: $45 to $200 and above
- Repair flame sensor: $75
- Replace ignitor: $300 to $450
- Replace blower motor: $410
- Repair heat exchanger: $90
- Replace gas valve: $140
- Replace flame sensor: $240
- Replace heat exchanger: $450 to $1,220
- Replace draft inducer: $120 to $430
- Replace the pressure sensor/circuit board: $300
- Replace smart valve: $800
- Repair pressure sensor/circuit board: $45
Average Costs of Repair For Cooling Systems And AC Units
Cooling systems like AC and heat pumps use outdoor and indoor components to cool the air throughout the home. Malfunctioning in the blower motor can also happen when using cooling systems. This can also incur repair costs for HVAC owners. AC replacement Frisco charges for common HVAC repairs are as follows:
- Replace condensate drain tube: $20
- Replace condensate drain pump:$250 to $430
- Replace drain pans:$240 to $565
- Flush drain line:$70 to $250
- Recharge refrigerant:$240 to $740
- Repair refrigerant leak:$220 to $1,400
- Replace compressor:$1,800
- Repair outdoor fan motor:$220 to $640
- Replace breakers, relays, or fuses:$70 to $280
- Replace condenser coil:$1,800 to $2,900
Service Fees For HVAC Repair Costs
A majority of cooling and heating repair contractors charge a fixed service fee to carry out repair works. This helps cover the overhead and labor linked to sending a repair technician at home to inspect the damaged unit. Ideally, the service fee will be anywhere around $50 to $100, based on the contractor.
Here is the bifurcation of the average service cost charged by them:
- Hourly Rate: $110 to $160
- Service Call: $85 to $220
- HVAC tune-up costs: $80 to $110
- Diagnostic Test: $95 to $120
- Annual service costs: $140 to $320,
If you want to make any additional cooling and heating repairs, it will increase the cost. However, repairs done to maintain the state of the furnace and central AC unit will save money in the future.
Emergency cooling and heating repair contractors charge an additional fee for any repair work after business hours, during the weekend, or holidays. On average, the emergency hourly rate is between $150 to $240. This can vary depending on the type of repair required.
For any AC repairs and services, do connect to Airmax.Inc. We have been providing services to our customers for a long and never had any after-service complaints. So, call us on (972) 382-3200 to book a slot with our expert technicians for AC repairing services.