In Texas, living without an air conditioner is quite hard, especially in the summer months. In the last few years, summer temperature has been on the rise, making the air conditioner a necessary appliance in most households. However, like every other home appliance, an air conditioner has a lifespan too. After using it for some years, repair work may be required. Sometimes, it may be necessary to replace your old AC unit with a new one. It is important that you must know when to opt for repairing an AC and when replacement is the only option left!
It Can Be Tricky
Not every air conditioner user has the same usage pattern and needs. So, the same model may require fewer repair jobs in one household and more in another. The same logic can be applied to the longevity of the device. You have to analyze a few factors before you pick between repairing the air conditioner unit and replacing it with a new one.
Factors That You Need to Analyze
- Think of the Issue: What is plaguing the air conditioner at your home? Is it a worn-out duct pipe that has to be replaced, or is the compressor making loud noise and causing vibrations when running? The former can be repaired easily. However, in the latter, you may opt for replacement.
- Age of the Device: The air conditioner’s age has to be analyzed. If it is only a few years old, you should hire a reliable company for AC repair in Frisco, TX. However, for an AC that is over a decade old and causing frequent problems, replacement is the way to go.
- Energy Efficiency: There is no doubt that air conditioners are energy-consuming devices. They consume much more energy than most of your household appliances combined. However, by using newer models with energy-efficient compressors, you can save on energy bills to an extent. So, you may opt for replacing your old AC for getting better performance and bringing down energy bills.
- Repair History: Nearly every AC unit needs periodic repair. However, if you find that the device is developing snags almost every year or a few times a year, replacement is the only way left. You will end up spending a huge amount by repairing the AC frequently.
How to Get Your AC Repaired Or Replaced?
AC repair and replacement is a task you cannot accomplish personally. You will need to hire a suitable company offering services for AC replacement in McKinney, TX. However, there are several such companies, and it is imperative that you pick a suitable contender. For this, you must assess a few factors.
- Ensure the company has a solid track record in AC repair and installation.
- The company must have a valid license to offer such services in your region.
- You should check the website of the company to find out details on its service terms.
- The company must be clear about service charges.
Frequently Ask Questions (FAQs)
Ideally, you should contact the company making your air conditioner model for any repair or servicing needs. However, your AC unit may be outside of the warranty period. In that case, you have to hire a veteran third-party agency offering packages of AC service and repair in your region. Ensure the agency has the license to offer such services. You may use some online services to find and contact such agencies.
Every air conditioner device needs periodic cleanup and some maintenance, and the same is true about your home AC unit. Sometimes, it may be possible to clean up your home AC without hiring any agency. However, not every AC owner is capable of servicing his/her AC unit. Hiring a regional agency offering AC repair and maintenance service is what you should ideally do. You may sign up for their yearly maintenance and cleanup package to ensure the device remains in top shape.
An air conditioner, much like any other home appliance, needs periodic cleanup and servicing to run well and offer proper cooling. You may call an agency for servicing the AC if you spot certain signs. If the AC compressor makes a loud noise and causes vibration while running, it is necessary to ask a servicing agency. If the AC can’t cool the room efficiently or blows warm air in the room, you must hire a repair agency.
The guidelines for window air conditioner repair are simple and easy. First and foremost, the air filters need to be cleaned properly so that air circulation takes place properly. The coil fins and the evaporator coils should also be cleaned as they tend to accumulate lots of dust and dirt, which hampers the working of the AC machine. The condenser coil should also be checked properly. Make sure to check the rear drain and unclog it if there is too much clogging.
For replacing an AC compressor, a technician usually takes about 2-4 hours on average. However, in some cases, it might also take about 6 hours to replace the compressor successfully. Also, access to the compressor and the size of the AC unit are also some of the factors that decide the replacement time. The existing refrigerant needs to be removed, and the electrical connections have to be disconnected. Hot gas piping and suction connections need to be removed too.